http://web.math.snu.ac.kr/board/files/attach/images/701/ff97c54e6e21a4ae39315f9a12b27314.png
Extra Form
강연자 Nico Spronk
소속 University of Waterloo
date 2014-09-25

A classical theorem of Jacobs, de Leeuw and Glicksberg shows that a representation of a group on a reflexive Banach space may be decomposed into a returning subspace and a weakly mixing subspace. This may be realized as arising from the idempotent in the weakly almost periodic compactification of the group associated with the minimal idempotent, or, equivalently with the largest precompact topology on the group. I wish to exhibit generalizations of Jacobs-de Leeuw-Glicksberg decompositions and the associated projections. I wish to specialize these to Eberlein-compactications, i.e. those which may be realized as weak operator closed semi-groups of contractions on Hilbert spaces, and indicate some applications to the structure theory of the Fourier-Stieltjes algebras of locally compact groups.

1. How to solve linear systems in practice

2. Hybrid discontinuous Galerkin methods in computational science and engineering

3. 26Sep
    by 김수현
    in 수학강연회

Idempotents and topologies

4. Ill-posedness for incompressible Euler equations at critical regularit

5. Infinite order rationally slice knots

6. Integer partitions, q-series, and Modular forms

7. Introduction to Non-Positively Curved Groups

8. It all started with Moser

9. Iwahori-Hecke algebras and beyond

10. Iwasawa main conjecture and p-adic L-functions

11. L-function: complex vs. p-adic

12. Lie group actions on symplectic manifolds

13. Limit computations in algebraic geometry and their complexity

14. Mathemaics & Hedge Fund

15. Mathematical Models and Intervention Strategies for Emerging Infectious Diseases: MERS, Ebola and 2009 A/H1N1 Influenza

16. Mathematics, Biology and Mathematical Biology

17. Mechanization of proof: from 4-Color theorem to compiler verification

18. Mirror symmetry of pairings

19. Mixed type PDEs and compressible flow

20. Mixing time of random processes

Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
/ 12